Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the SAP Development Team Lead and overall supervision of the Information Management Head, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of SAP custom development objects for the Procurement and Supply division requirements.
S/he will be responsible and accountable for the development of new and maintenance of existing SAPUI5 Fiori Applications, ABAP reports, forms, interfaces and OData services.
- Design and develop SAPUI5/Fiori/Hybrid applications using the Hana Cloud Platform and SAP WebIDE.
- Create and maintain services in SAP R/3 using the service builder and expose them as Odata services in the SAP Netweaver gateway server to enable the processing of CRUDQ requests sent from SAPUI5/Fiori/Hybrid application and other IOM corporate applications.
- Develop and maintain reports, ALV – FM ,ALV Objects, Workflow, BAPI, Adobe Forms, Data Dictionary Objects, BADi and Enhancements in the ECC environment.
- Ensure that development objects/products developed adhere to best practices, are properly tuned for optimal performance and have minimal bugs.
- Work in a cross functional team environment and deliver large scale project objectives for the launch of new technologies or processes.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Must be able to quickly understand business processes and convert business requirements into working SAP based IT solutions.
- Analyze business requirements and produce technical design, mockups and technical documentation.
- Correctly apply knowledge of separated IT disciplines in order to develop innovative IT solutions.
Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment.
- Development and design of Online Request for Payment SAP Fiori Application – SAPUI5 Frontend, OData services, Approval Workflow
- Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum of four years of relevant work experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with minimum of four years of relevant work experience.
- Highly proficient in SAPUI5 and ABAP.
- Minimum of four years of experience in SAP Development.
- Experience in SAP Web Ide.
- Experience in programming using MVC concept.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, design, and most critically, attention to performance, scalability, reliability, availability at the system and component level.
- Experience with design documentation, creation of mock-ups, requirements gathering and client interaction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with business users and IT developers.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 21 May 2021. Reference code (CON 002-003/2021 - SAP Consultant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.