Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall direction of the SAP & Mobile Development Team Lead and direct supervision of Sr. SAP Developer, the SAP Developer Intern will assist with the operational activities of the Administrative Centre. Tasks will include:
- Assist in developing SAP ABAP and UI5 Programs of minimal complexity
- Assist in resolving bugs in SAP ABAP and UI5 Programs
- Perform any other SAP related duties as required
- Candidates for the internship should have completed a University Degree in Computer Science or any related field of study.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication.
Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Produces and delivers quality results in a service- oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email@example.com not later than 21 April 2021. VN and position number (INT 001/2021 - SAP Development Intern) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.